Gartner Releases New Market Guide for Email Encryption
Cirius Included as a Representative Vendor for Secure Email Gateways and for Dedicated Email Encryption
- Gartner releases new Market Guide for Email Encryption, noting that growth in digital business, regulation and risks has reinvigorated a demand for email encryption.
- Encryption is a foundational security technology in the post-infrastructure and digital business eras that will continue to play an indispensable role in risk mitigation.
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA DECEMBER 09, 2015
Analyst firm Gartner has released its new Market Guide for Email Encryption, noting the need for solutions that fulfill the latest encryption needs of organizations. Released on Dec. 7, the well-timed report arrives as small and midsize businesses look into purchasing their first email encryption and secure file sharing solutions, and many enterprises and government organizations plan to enhance or replace existing solutions.
In the report, Gartner identifies the renewed need for email encryption and the high interest in cloud-based encryption solutions. The firm also emphasizes three use cases for encryption:
- Communication with Partners (B2B)
- Communication with Consumers (B2C)
- Sensitive Internal Communication
The Gartner report stated that,
“Email encryption products are evolving to address organizations’ broader data protection needs. In particular, the native policy engines in some email encryption products have expanded the breadth and depth of their integrated data loss prevention (DLP) content inspection techniques to address their regulatory compliance and intellectual property (IP) protection requirements. Many organizations have benefited from an approach that puts users first in line (e.g., the user can tag a message that needs to be encrypted) and uses a DLP policy engine as an automated safety net, in case a sender failed to encrypt sensitive information. Considering the importance of ease of use in B2C communications, authentication should integrate with existing methods to streamline the onboarding of new recipients with a prior relationship.”1
“We are extremely pleased with the Gartner Market Guide for Email Encryption and feel as though it couldn’t be more timely,” said Kevin Froese, Senior Vice President at Cirius. “We are witnessing a high uptick in market interest for encrypted messaging and file sharing. We believe that this report will serve as a guide for new organizations looking for their first solution as well as for larger organizations searching for a replacement or enhancement to their existing solution.”
Cirius’ cloud-based secure messaging solution enables employees and external partners to exchange private messages and files securely from the desktop or mobile devices, enabling B2B, B2C and sensitive internal communications that fulfill regulatory compliance and protect intellectual property and private data. The Cirius Messaging solution is easily deployed worldwide, providing data residency options that ensure data privacy. Among its key features are:
- Unique, true-cloud architecture that requires no configuration of existing email infrastructure, no MX records to transfer and no gateway to install and manage.
- Advanced message control, which includes tracking, delivery slip and other advanced features.
- Ability to secure messages on any device, including smartphones, tablets and laptops.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook, Office 365 OWA and other browser-based webmail clients.
- Simplified guest user registration and user experience with a web-based interface that precludes the need for any downloads or complex gateway installations.
- Powerful APIs for integration into secure web forms, fax replacement, email archive repositories and other cloud platforms.
- Simple “one price” subscription model that requires no substantial upfront expense or complicated add-on features.
1Source: Gartner, Inc., Market Guide for Email Encryption, Neil Wynne, Peter Firstbrook, December 7, 2015
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Cirius is a simplified, secure communications and information management solution that enables companies to protect and control email and valuable company data. More than 6,500 customers worldwide in every industry sector depend on Cirius’ innovative platform to communicate securely on any device, control what happens to their messages even after they have been sent, rapidly transfer large files and prevent data loss.
Cirius Messaging is a cloud-based solution that is easy to use and deploy, yet powerful in its many applications. In this age of growing regulatory oversight and increased pressure to safeguard customer data, Cirius is helping companies gain a competitive edge through better relationships, increased productivity, lower overhead, and a reputation of trust. Visit www.cirius.com for more information.
MEDIA CONTACT: Kevin Froese